This programme was devised by qualified dance teacher Marie Claude Martin, who specialises in Argentine and Milonga tangos.
It enables men and women to master the basic steps of the tango, as well as the most popular variations of this dance.
Each new step or variation is described in great detail, in terms of both the movements and the rhythm.
The different steps are all shown initially in slow motion. This is followed by the same sequence without music, and then the couple finally demonstrate the sequence in time to the music.
- The Tango Milonguero: Origins and history
- Overview of the programme and the sequences
- The position of the dancers
- The 'Salida'
- The Salida 40
- The hesitation and corte
- The Chase (la caza)
- The Backward eights (ochos para atrás)
- Firuletes (embellishments)
- The Chase followed by backward eights
- Linking backward eights with a clockwise turn
- The clockwise turn
- The entire sequence