Stunning, spectacular and eye-catching cars are as much a part of the James Bond legend as Vodka Martinis and the Walther PPK. Since the iconic secret agent hit the silver screen in 1962, and indeed since Ian Fleming's earliest Bond novels, these marvellous machines have been as much stars of the 007 franchise as the actors who have played the role.
This fascinating programme pays homage to the incredible vehicles which have wowed Bond fans for generations, from the 4½ litre Bentley Blower of Fleming's books to the awesome 510bhp Aston Martin DBS V12 driven by Daniel Craig in Casino Royale.
We count down the 10 most notable Bond cars, examine the role of vehicles in the creation of the 007 legend and consider what the future holds. Experts, enthusiasts, fans and owners give their views, as well as discussing the unforgettable stunts, amazing gadgets and the controversial choices.
The Cars of James Bond features contributions from actor, comedian and Young Bond author Charlie Higson, 007 Magazine editor Graham Rye, Cars of the Stars Motor Museum owner Peter Nelson, The Man Who Saved Britain author Simon Winder, stunt coordinator Steve Truglia and many other fans.
Join us for the ultimate celebration of The Cars of James Bond.
- The Aston Martin DBS V12 (as seen in Casino Royale)
- The Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (as seen in Die Another Day)
- The BMW 750iL (as seen in Tomorrow Never Dies)
- The Aston Martin DBS V8 Vantage Volante (as seen in Living Daylights)
- The Citroen 2CV (as seen in For Your Eyes Only)
- The Lotus Esprit S1 (as seen in The Spy Who Loved Me)
- The AMC Hornet X (as seen in The Man With The Golden Gun)
- The Aston Martin DB5 (as seen in Goldfinger)
- The Sunbeam Alpine Series II (as seen in Dr No)
- The Bentley 4½ Litre Blower (as featured in Ian Fleming's novels)