Ever since it was introduced to the motoring public in 1959 the Mini has captured the imagination and hearts of millions of small car lovers worldwide. Many different versions have been launched over the years yet the basic design has changed very little from the original concept created by Sir Alec Issigonis. It has become a motoring icon, a fashion icon and a winner on the racetracks of the world. So what is it exactly that has endeared this little car to so many for so long?
Now you can fully explore the unique appeal and genuine fun that the Mini inspires. From design, development and build of the very first Mini to the car's motorsport heritage and the milestone festivals and parties, plus the last old-style Mini rolling off the production line at Longbridge and the launch of the new Mini.
Plus! Special Features!
- In-Car Mini Experiences
- The driver's-eye-view with racing champion Bill Sollis, leading rally driver Terry Colley and top stunt driver Russ Swift at Silverstone, Cornbury Park, Sherwood Forest and the Isle of Man!
- Mini 40th Birthday Celebrations
- Footage of the official celebrations at the Motor Heritage Centre in Gaydon and at Silverstone.
- Mini 2001
- Action and static close-ups of the new Mini Cooper and Mini One along with graphic overlays showing the specifications of each car.
- The Mini Gallery
- From the original Mini launch to the concept cars and the new Mini Cooper, a stunning selection of images and photos of the Mini through the years.